REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING BURIAL TRANSIT PERMIT FROM THE EMBASSY OF NIGERIA, WASHINGTON, DC
ITEMS 1 to 6 ARE TO BE SUBMITTED IN TRIPLICATE (3 SETS)
- Burial Transit Permit.
- Certification of Embalming & Preparation of Human Remains.
- Notarized statement of the Funeral Director (stating that the casket contains only the remains of the deceased and nothing else).
- Medical Examiner’s Report (if applicable) if the deceased was killed.
- Notarized copy of Death Certificate.
- Certification of Vital Record regarding communicable/non communicable disease(s) – [this is to state whether or not the deceased had contagious disease. If so, the type of disease should be stated in this document].
- US$15.00 money order (payable to the Embassy of Nigeria) as Attestation Fee.
- Nigerian Passport of the Deceased (in case passport is not available, the closest relative should send a notarized letter stating same).
- A waiver for the repatriation of human remains from the Federal Ministry of Health in Abuja, Nigeria.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING EMERGENCY TRAVEL CERTIFICATE
- Formal request letter for the Emergency Travel Certificate by the applicant. Include
your current address and telephone number, please.
- Police report or a copy of Applicant’s bio-data page of Nigerian Passport.
- 2 passport-size photographs.
- Copy of itinerary or airline ticket.
- $170.00 in money order payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, DC.
- NOTE: The Travel Document is valid for 7 days only and cannot be used to return to the United States (one way journey).
REQUIREMENTS FOR LEGALIZATION OF DOCUMENTS
- Application (on your company’s letter head) stating your request from the Embassy and list of the products to be exported.
- Certificates of free sale from the Departments of State (federal and state) where your company is located, respectively.
- Two sets of the documents to be legalized, i.e. original and a copy for our record.
- $15 per product/document and $50 each for the processing fee payable to the Embassy of Nigeria in form of money order only.
REQUIREMENTS FOR OBTAINING DRIVER’S LICENSE LETTER
- Formal request letter by the applicant for the driver’s license letter. Include your current address and telephone number, please.
- Legible copy of the International or National Driver’s License as well as the original (to be sighted and returned to owner).
- Applicants are required to obtain certified driving records from the Federal Road Safety Commission.
- $50.00 money order payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington, DC.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LIFE ATTESTATION LETTER/PENSION FORM
- Formal application letter to be submitted stating your request. Include your current address and telephone number, please. Submit any pension form to be filled out by the Embassy (if applicable).
- Copy of your Nigerian passport.
- Copy of State issued U.S. Identification (i.e. Driver’s License).
- $50.00 money order only payable to the Embassy of Nigeria, Washington DC.
- Return Prepaid Mailing Envelope if applicable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NO-OBJECTION STATEMENT
- Formal Application letter to the Embassy stating your request of waiver of the 2-year home residency requirement. Include your current address and telephone number, please.
- Copy of your Case file number from United States Department of State, Visa Office, Waiver Review Division.
- Copies of your Nigerian passport from page 1 to the page J-visa is stamped.
- Copy of your release letter from your sponsor in Nigeria/US.
- Letter from your current Employer/Institution.
- Copy of your current Exchange visitor program number (DS2019).
- Copy of your current I-94.
- $50 money order payable to the Embassy of Nigeria.
WAIVER REVIEW OFFICE ADDRESS
The Waiver Review Division
U.S. Department of State
SA-17, 11th Floor
600 19th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20522-1711
Contact infomation: email@example.com
(this address is for you to obtain item #2 of No-Objection Statement).
EMBASSY DROP OFF
The Embassy of Nigeria, Washington D.C. Consular Services is open for drop off and collection from Monday through Friday, between the hours of 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
Please mail all applications to:
Embassy of Nigeria
3519 International Court, NW
Washington, DC 20008